Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday wishlist

So I haven’t written anything in a while about what I would like people to send me but since my birthday is in a week I figured it couldn’t hurt to list a few things! So if you are considering sending me birthday packages please note the list below (it is just a suggestion you can send whatever you like!)

In no particular order-
Velveeta cheese (small box)
Pop tarts
Candy- twizzlers, skittles, jelly beans
Nail polish/ Nail polish remover
Magazines
Beef Jerky
Tampons
Fun cheap jewelry
New music/movies/shows
Breakfast bars
New planner for 2012
Fun travel games
Sunglasses
Margarita Mix with Tequila
Soup/food packets
Other delicious snack food

I can’t believe that I am turning 25 years old….it seems like just yesterday I was learning how to drive, then turning 18 and going off to college, finally turning 21 and partying with my friends…now I am 25 living in Benin as a Peace Corps volunteer. Life really flies by! I also can’t believe its my second birthday in Benin. There is a big possibility I will spend my 26th bday here but maybe when I come home we can celebrate!! Anyways I hope all of you are doing great and hopefully you can at least get around to sending me a letter/card for my birthday so I can hear how you are doing!!!

I send my love from Benin!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Veronica. My name is Rachel Canclini and I was recently nominated by my district (central Texas district actually, I saw on your profile that you are from Houston... I'm a Baylor Grad) to be a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar. I was originally going to go to Belgium to study International Development but have really had a change of heart and want to go to Benin or West Africa in general, to be able to improve my French and really have hands on experience. I have been searching the internet to find information about past scholars who have been to Benin, but have found relatively nothing, but then came across a few peace corps blogs like yours. I would really love any advice / tips/ observations you have of Benin, esp. as a woman, safety wise and just in general. I also need to find a place to study or get "vocational training" which would hopefully be an NGO or the like. I didn't know if you have any information on local universities or NGO's who would take volunteers. Pretty much any info on Benin would be so appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete